Re: Continuation safety

For an example you might want to at plt/collects/web-server/web-server.ss
in the function server-loop.

Custodians allow you to clean up---in one action in one place---a whole bunch
of ports, threads, etc that were opened in code that may be loaded dynamically,
or code that is scattered about.  An exception handler will ensure that the
shutdown happens even in the presence of exceptions.  Dynamic-wind will
ensure that the shutdown occurs in the presence of continuations.  Notice
that with custodians you don't need a reference to the open ports, which may
be available only in some lexical scope that the thread escaped out of.

Paul