Re: module questions

> From: Eli Barzilay <eli@barzilay.org>
> Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2001 01:04:58 -0500
> Sender: eli@CS.Cornell.EDU
>
> BTW, if it really bothers you to do a define/provide for every
> definition, you can define a macro that will do it for you -- you can
> even override the normal define by that one so it'll even look the
> same, but I think this will require using your own module as a
> primitive one (the thing which is normally `mzscheme').
> --
>           ((lambda (x) (x x)) (lambda (x) (x x)))          Eli Barzilay:
>                   http://www.barzilay.org/                 Maze is Life!

I hadn't thought of this; thanks for bringing it up.  It's like
`define-public' in guile.  OTOH I don't see why, given that you are allowed
to export all the bindings from an imported module with a single line in
the provide statement, you can't also export all the bindings in the
current module, or (better) all but some selected internal functions, which
is normally what I'd want to do.  It sounds like an oversight to me.

Mike