Re: Using continuations in user-interfaces

Robert said:

> If you use dialog% intead of frame%, you will probably close to get
> the behavior you expect. The problem with the code below is that
> show-window1 is returning immediately -- it doesn't wait for the
> first frame to go away. If you use a dialog%, the `show' method
> doesn't return until the dialog goes away.

You're right - dialog% works better in that respect.  But it doesn't stop
the error message from being produced when I try to invoke the continuation.

Is it simply that the GUI library used in MrEd can't cope with continuations
that are invoked across module boundries, or would this continuation thing
fail to work in *any* UI system?  I would be bitterly disappointed if the
latter were true - when I first realised that there was a connection between
continuations and interactive programs, I experienced one of those great
"Aha!" moments that all programmers live for.

TIA,

Jamie