using the PLT scheme lexer

OK, now that I've found the lexer, here's a simple question.

I can run the lexer to return a single value of type <struct:token>, but I
can't figure out how to extract the fields from the struct.  As far as I
can tell (and I'm a total newbie with the module system), the token struct
type is defined in collects/parser-tools/private-lex/token.ss.  I can't
import it directly because it already gets imported when I import the lex
library.  However, the token accessor functions do not appear to be
exported.  Does that mean that tokens are an opaque data type?  If I can't
get the value of the token, the lex module is not usable by me.  I don't
want or need to use the yacc module.  Sorry for my utter cluelessness.

Mike