RE: Building scheme on Linux

Lo, on Thursday, November 8, Kirill Lisovsky did write:

> Hello!
>
> On Wed, 7 Nov 2001, David Van Horn wrote:
>
> > And the error
> > /usr//bin/ld: cannot find -lXaw
> > collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> > make[2]: *** [mred] Error 1
> > make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
> > make: *** [mr] Error 2
> >
> > I am in the src directory running ./configure then make.
> > Its a Mandrake 8.1 box, any ideas?
>
> Installation of
> XFree86-static-libs-XXX.rpm
> may be a solution.

I'd suspect not---unless you *want* to link mred statically.  Since libXaw
is used by lots of other apps on the system, I wouldn't recommend it in
general.  You'll want the shared-library version.

I don't have access to either a RedHat or a Mandrake machine, or I'd tell
you which package contains the necessary library.  In Debian 2.2r4, though,
it's grouped with the other X client libraries (xlib6g).

Richard