Re: Is it a bug or a feature ? (tabbing out of fields)

Quoting "Maurizio Ferreira":
> I've seen that tabbing out of a text-field leaves a black border
> around the text inserted into the field.
> To see the effect you need a text-field with some data,
> then tab out of the field, press again the tab key
> until the focus returns to the field, and tab out again.
> You'll see a black rectangle surrounding the text.
> Is it a bug or a feature ?

It's intended as a feature.

The general feature is showing the selection range of inactive text
boxes. In addition, tabbing into a text field causes the field's text
to be selected.

The feature was more important years ago, when DrScheme used the
selection range to hilite erroneous expressions.

We could certainly provide a way to disable/enable the feature (as a
global PLT Scheme setting). Any opinions out there?

Matthew