199d6 feature creep...

Forgive me, the former software tester never fails to criticise
even a good feature...
:-)

> As requested on plt-scheme, I've added a mechanism
> for collapsing and expanding sexpressions to drscheme.
> right-click to collapse the enclosing sexpression
> to something like (...) and right click on that
> to expand it back to the previous text.

I took a little time to play with this and it seems pretty neat.

Some observations:

1. If you compress an s-expr and then save, as you promised, the file
format is now binary instead of text. If you expand all s-exprs and then
save again, the file will be text again. This could be a nuisance if someone
needed to look at the file using some editor besides DrScheme.

2. I noticed that you have a "save definitions as text". When I save a file
with collapsed
s-exprs this is what happens:
collapsed version:
(define test
  ...)

text version:
(define test
  .)

(The same phenomenon is observed with cut and paste). My hope was that "save
definitions as text"
would expand all collapsed s-exprs in the text version. This would help to
avoid the nuisance
described above.

3. I collapsed an s-expr and then saved. Then I did a: (load "test.scm")
where
test.scm is the name of the file with collapsed s-exprs. It worked just fine
when I load
from DrScheme, but fails when I load from MzScheme. This could be a real
nuisance if
you are working on a MzScheme program, but using DrScheme as the editor.

4. I collapsed an s-expr and then searched for a string that I knew was in
the s-expr...
no dice. This could be a nuisance if you did a "replace all" only to
discover that it
overlooked some hidden instances.

At this point, I must apologize for looking the proverbial gift horse in the
the mouth.
:-)