From: owner-plt-scheme@fast.cs.utah.edu [mailto:owner-plt-scheme@fast.cs.utah.edu] On Behalf Of MichaelL@frogware.com
Sent: Wednesday, October 24, 2001 4:24 PM
To: PLT Scheme
Subject: SrPersist

The SrPersist doc seems to indicate that this ODBC 3.0 approach:

        (define henv (alloc-handle 'sql-handle-env))
        (define hdbc (alloc-handle 'sql-handle-dbc henv))

is preferred over this ODBC 1.0 approach:

        (define henv (alloc-env))
        (define hdbc (alloc-connect henv))

The problem is that the second line of the preferred approach doesn't seem to work; I get an "unspecified error in alloc-handle." Any ideas what I might be doing wrong?