Re: newline comparison?

--- Chris Uzdavinis <chris@atdesk.com> wrote:
> I've seen very scant documentation on string
> handling in
> scheme.  Most books cover recursion and other more
> interesting
> programming topics.  But string manipulation is very
> important to me,
> and it seems to be very largely glossed over in
> almost every context.
> I was hoping that was because it was easy. :)

Jon Fernquest, posting to comp.lang.scheme, is
preparing a port of the Perl Cookbook to Scheme.  He
will be posting his chapter on string manipultion
shortly.

If you want to do lots of string manipulation in
Scheme there are some very nice abstractions embodied
in the awk macro ported from Scsh.  This is part of
the MzScheme distro.  I've port a bit more code from
Scsh to read and write CSV files and other infix
delimited formats.  It's in the data/ directory of the
CVS server at schematics.sourceforge.net.

HTH

Noel