Re: DrScheme as Emacs-like kitchen sink

   Quoting Riku Saikkonen:
   > However, it would sometimes be useful to have user-customisable
   > indentation. For example, if I define a macro that's a variation of
   > let, I'd like to be able to tell the editor to indent it as a let.

   Something like this is already possible in DrScheme. See the
   `indentation' panel of the preferences dialog (from the edit menu).

Thanks, Robby.  You made a valuable clarification of Riku's point:

   > I don't think that's a different indentation style; it just tells
   > Emacs that, for example, "fluid-let" should be indented like
   > "let".  (This isn't done by default, as fluid-let isn't a
   > standard Scheme primitive.)

If MIT Scheme's indentation is a superset of DrScheme's indentation
style, then there's no need for DrScheme to support multiple
indentation styles.  So maybe that was a bust, I won't get to Latex
mode that way :)

I'm thrilled with the discussion of templates!    Show's you folks are
open-minded if I can get on the right Scheme page with you.

Back to Latex mode, it sounds to me like what you're saying is that I
can take a semi-long file, which you've already started writing

      (define f (make-object frame% "my editor window" #f 600 800))
      (define t (make-object text%))
      (define ec (make-object editor-canvas% f t))
      (send t load-file "my-file.tex")
      (send f show #t)
      (send t auto-wrap #t)

Then I can read this file in with `M-o' and evaluate with `M-t', and
then I'll have another window that's customized for my Latex mode.
That's good enough for me right now, I don't need to automate the
procedure.  I'll get after the mred manual to lengthen the file!