Re: DrScheme as Emacs-like kitchen sink

* Jerzy: DrScheme's surface functionality is small compared to Emacs. But
   the few tools we do offfer for programming are better than the ones you
   get under emacs.

* Bill: Yes, Emacs's code basis isn't good enough to build a DrScheme.
  Shriram actually had some code that we initially used with Emacs.
  After all, I am an Emacs guy, too. (You also mention stallman's
  warts. Ignore them and take the best away from his project.)

* General: using abstraction if done right, will help people who approach a
  code base not hinder them. It is easy for a beginner to approach
  spaghetti code and to get a half-baked feature muddled in. The goal is to
  get both worlds under one hat. Or whatever the right metaphor is.

-- Matthias