Re: DrScheme as Emacs-like kitchen sink

   Will we accept it? Sure, we will distribute it if you do a great
   job implementing it.

Thanks, Matthias.

   Will we integrate it into DrScheme? Not for the teaching versions
   that we distribute.

That's an interesting distinction between distributing and
integrating.  I hadn't thought of that.  At some point that's a
problem, maintaining code that's not in the main version...

   Emacs is a kitchen sink with a power knife. It cut even the best
   students at Rice. We needed something better.

Can you please say more, or point me to discussion?  I'm not at all
clear on the aims of DrScheme.   Let me explain:

I'm a refugee from Emacs^[1], and so I'm kinda looking for a
replacement.  I'm thrilled with the idea of replacement for Emacs
that's written in great Scheme.

But maybe that's not at all the aim of DrScheme.  Maybe you just
wanted a small program that was just sufficient for the PLT purposes
of DrScheme.  That seems to involve some web browsing capability,
since so much documentation is on the web.  However, it doesn't follow
from that that you wish for DrScheme to be a competitor of Netscrape
as an all-purpose web browser.

Or, you needed a text editor with indenting capability for the
Definitions window.  Why shouldn't this editor be as good as Emacs?

I don't think their are any right answers here.  But I'd like to know
what the PLT/DrScheme aims are: I'd rather work with you than run
counter to your grain.