Replacing the mzscheme module in a namespace

Is it possible to create a new namespace with a user-defined module
bound to the module name mzscheme?  That is, is it possible to have a
namespace that provides an alternate mzscheme module?  I've read that
mzscheme cannot be redefined, and I can't find a way to attach a
module named A in one namespace to another namespace under the name
B.

I was also considering redefining the module syntax to rename
mzscheme wherever it appeared in the initial module position:
    (module A mzscheme ...) => (module A alt-mzscheme ...)
But as I understand it, version 199.22 discards redefinition of
module when loading or requiring files, so it seems that wouldn't
work either.  I need both load and require to transform the module
definitions.

Any advice?  How deep into the workings of require, load, and eval do
I need to go to get the behavior I want?

Ryan