Re: Bugs & Such

Sorry for the travel-induced delay.

> The following line hangs MzScheme 103:
>
>         (string->symbol (string (integer->char 255)))
>
> The problem is specifically a result of the "255" value.

This bug is fixed in the 199.X code. The problem was a mistake in the
hashing function (which took a non-zero, odd integer and tried to make
a positive, even integer by adding one then negating, instead of
negating then adding one).

> On an unrelated note, there's a documentation bug in the mzc manual. In
> section 1.5, "Native Code Optimization," there are two "odd/even"
> examples, one with letrec and one with letrec inside a unit. In both
> examples, the "even" lambda is missing the "#t" in the following lines:
>
>         [even (lambda (x)
>                 (if (zero? x)
>                         #t
>                         (odd (sub1 x))))]

Hmmm... that's a strange HTML translation bug.

Happily, the problem went away in the 199.X when we dumped latex2html
and switched to tex2page.

> The recently-modified page at http://www.cs.utah.edu/plt/anoncvs/ that
> describes how to grab source from cvs is missing the "@" between the user
> name and the server name: anonymous@anoncvs.plt-scheme.org.

Thanks - fixed, now.

> Finally, when I tried to compile the exp branch (with the newly broken-out
> dlls) I get a warning from Visual C++ that the dsp files are not valid; VC
> offers to wrap the dsp files, but the wrapped files don't work. I don't
> have this problem with 103, and I didn't used to have this problem with
> the exp branch; something changed--or now I'm doing something wrong.

I notice that old projects, such as mzscheme.dsp, are committed as a
binary files, while new projects, such as libmzsch.dsp, were committed
as text.

I've changed the new projects to binary mode, and exp-tagged them. Does
that fix the problem? If not, let me know more about the errors you
see.

Thanks,
Matthew