Re: Yet another feature request for the web-server

"Paul T. Graunke" <ptg@ccs.neu.edu> writes:

[...]

> In the unreleased version-200 release of the server, I extended the possible
> result types from an x-expression to either
>   - an x-expression
>   - a (listof string) where the first string is a mime type
>     and the rest are content
>   - a structure of type
>     (make-response/full nat str nat str (listof (cons sym str))
> 					(listof str))

[...]

> If others have suggestions/objections, please let me know before version 200
> goes out.

Two questions:

    1. Will this be back ported to the 103 branch?

    2. Shouldn't the web-server offer the usual CGI Environment
variables, say in the `headers' part of the cgi^ signature?

See: http://hoohoo.ncsa.uiuc.edu/cgi/env.html

that would ease converting usual (Fast)CGIs from an apache-like
environment to the PLT web server way.  Changing (fcgi:)getenv for
get-binding (or similar) is fast, re-design, and re-implement is
not (same thing applies for the 103 -> 200 transition, I guess. I
haven't try, though.) =)

--Francisco