Compling under Mac OS X

Hello,
	 I am a student at Ga Tech,  and I was wondering if there was any
way to compile Dr. Scheme for OS X.  Since OS X is essentially BSD, I
just just following the instruction provided, but unfortunately it
didn't work.  This is the error that I got after configuring and running
the make file.  I'm not that Unix savvy, but I know the basic commands.

[fks05:~/Downloads/plt/src] tushar% make
cd mzscheme; make
make g-c
cd gc; make gc.a
cc  -DNO_SIGNALS -g -O2  -DNO_EXECUTE_PERMISSION -DSILENT
-DOLD_BLOCK_ALLOC -DLARGE_CONFIG -c ./alloc.c -o alloc.o
./gcconfig.h:284: illegal external declaration, found `--'
./gcconfig.h:284: undefined type, found `unknown'
./gcconfig.h:284: illegal external declaration, missing `;' after
`machine'
cpp-precomp: warning: errors during smart preprocessing, retrying in
basic mode
In file included from ./gc_priv.h:45,
                  from ./alloc.c:18:
./gcconfig.h:284: parse error before `--'
make[3]: *** [alloc.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** [g-c] Error 2
make[1]: *** [bin] Error 2
make: *** [mz] Error 2