Requiring module extensions

I can't seem to figure out how to require a module I created in an
extension and I can't find an example of it.  I've got the following
code in my extension:

  name = scheme_intern_symbol( "my-mod" );
  module_env = scheme_primitive_module( name, env );

  prim = scheme_make_prim_w_arity( prim1, "prim1", 0, 0 );
  scheme_add_global( "prim1", prim, module );

  scheme_finish_primitive_module( module_env );

This compiles and loads fine with load-extension so it seems to be
working.  I don't see prim1 after I've done the load-extension and the
different forms of require and module of tried always get an error.
What am I missing?

RJA