Re: lisp v. scheme macros

Mike,

Try the following paper:
(sbib:article
  (sbib:&author "R. Kent Dybvig, Robert Hieb, and Carl Bruggeman")
  (sbib:&title "Syntactic abstraction in Scheme")
  journal:lsc
  (sbib:&volume "5, 4")
  (sbib:&pages "83-110")
  (sbib:&month "December")
  (sbib:&year "1993")
  (sbib:link
   (sbib:&url "http://www.cs.indiana.edu/~dyb/papers/syntactic.ps.gz")
   ps-format))

(forgive the pseudo-bibtex notation ;)

Also, Kent Dybvig's "The Scheme Programming Langugage, Second Edition", which
is available online has good examples of using both syntax-rules and
syntax-case: http://www.scheme.com/tspl2d/index.html

- Jim

In a message dated 8/17/01 2:06:09 AM Central Daylight Time,
mvanier@bbb.caltech.edu writes:

> That's partly because DEFINE-SYNTAX tends to go (but doesn't have to)
> with SYNTAX-RULES, and SYNTAX-RULES sucks.  I don't understand the
> logic behind it (well, I can see why it was in R4, but not R5), but it
> baffles me that the RnRS collective codified SYNTAX-RULES into a
> standard in place of the far superior SYNTAX-CASE.  Anyway, Matthew
> has now implemented SYNTAX-CASE.  Use the CVS version and you will be
> surprised no longer.
>
> Shriram

Is there a document describing the difference?

Mike