RE: lisp v. scheme macros

Doug Orleans wrote:

> After developing in Larceny for a while, I was surprised when moving
> to MzScheme that define-syntax wasn't in the default language.

That's partly because DEFINE-SYNTAX tends to go (but doesn't have to)
with SYNTAX-RULES, and SYNTAX-RULES sucks.  I don't understand the
logic behind it (well, I can see why it was in R4, but not R5), but it
baffles me that the RnRS collective codified SYNTAX-RULES into a
standard in place of the far superior SYNTAX-CASE.  Anyway, Matthew
has now implemented SYNTAX-CASE.  Use the CVS version and you will be
surprised no longer.

Shriram