RE: Any Examples of COM (and perhaps ADO)?

> com-set-property! (property "ConnectionString"): expects 44 to 94
arguments,
given 3: #<com-object> "ConnectionString" "DSN=MILPITAS;UID=XSG;PWD=###"

Hmmm, that's clearly a bug.

What version of MysterX are you using -- try (mx-version).

> On a run with (com-invoke conn "Open" "DSN=MILPITAS;UID=XSG;PWD=###")
I get:

com-invoke (method "Open"): expects type <com-0x0> as 3rd argument,
given:
"DSN=MILPITAS;UID=XSG;PWD=###"; other arguments were: #<com-object>
"Open"
(I can find no reference to <com-0x0>)

<com-0x0> means a type reported by the COM object as hex 0, which
MysterX
doesn't understand.  Hence it just prints the number.

Actually, hex 0 is the type "VT_EMPTY".  But according to the MS docs,
that type is not supposed to occur as the prescribed type for a method
parameter.  (Technically, it's not a legal type in a TYPEDESC.)  So I'm
not sure what's going on here.

> If I run this after an error DrScheme causes a protection fault, so I
must
be doing something wrong.

Well, there's a bug somewhere.

Is there some way for me to run your experiment here?  What database are
you using for ADO?

-- Paul