Re: clean output prints

At 8:14 AM -0500 7/27/01, mani gal wrote:
>I am using drscheme version 103, and doing my first experiments in
>creating simple programs.
>I have problems with the use of print and write functions. The
>printed results are not 'clean': brackets, inverted commas etc...
>This problem has nothing to do with the smooth running of the
>algorythms, but with the way the texts that the computer prints look.
>Can something be done to make the prints look nicer and simpler?

I'm not sure exactly how you want the prints to be "nicer and
simpler", but you have two routes to pursue:

1) change the language settings to a different printer. This is found
in the Language menu, Configure Language... menu item.

2) write your own print routines.

Of course, I happen to think that the output prints are very clean
already. You can think of them as a simpler, more compact form of
XML, in fact. They have the same structural properties (and were even
invented long before XML!)

Hope that helps.

Robby