RE: A Conclusion Re: SchemeQL

--- Brent Fulgham <brent.fulgham@xpsystems.com> wrote:
> [...]
>
> Hrm.  Now would be a wonderful time for Matthew to suddenly jump in
> say that the GC problems with AOLserver have been solved!  ;-)
>
> That might save you the ODBC hit were that to be functional.
> Unfortunately
> it still blows up (at least for me) while attempting to process
> Scheme
> requests.
>
> At this point I was already looking at doing the PostgreSQL
> binding.  If
> anyone's interested I'll try to put it someplace public ASAP.
>
> -Brent

Not sure that this is what you need, but I've written a pure MzScheme
PostgreSQL library (no native extensions).  It implements the
PostgreSQL frontend-backend protocol over TCP.  It's not complete,
but it is mostly operational.  I can't say anything about its
performance, though, since I haven't run any performance tests, and I
don't have ODBC installed to compare it against anyway.  If anyone's
interested, it's up at
http://www.owlnet.rice.edu/~ryanc/spgsql/spgsql-01release.tar.gz.

Ryan