Re: SchemeQL

Francisco Solsona <solsona@acm.org> writes:

> Do this shows something useful,
> (with-handlers
>  ([general-sql-error? (lambda (x)
> 			(printf "~a~n" (general-sql-error-diagnostics x)))])
>  (connect-to-database dbms login passwd))
>
> ? What DBMS are you using? MySQL? PostgreSQL?  the problem might be
> an odbc-version compatibility:

PostgreSQL, set to ODBC version 2.5.

Your code (with appropriate changes) gives me

((IM002 0 [unixODBC][Driver Manager]Data source name not found, and no default driver specified))

OK, this looks more like an ODBC installation problem, doesn't it?

> works just fine.  I haven't used unixODBC in a long time, but maybe it
> has a test program or something (iodbc has one: odbctest), and it
> would be a good idea to make sure is working correctly.

There's isql, but I can't figure out what is my DSN (dbms parameter in
the schemeql) really.  Niether the database name nor the host name
work, though.

> [...] Having the ODBC driver running is 90% of the job, the other
> 10% is compiling SrPersist, but I take it you have already done
> this, right?

As far as I can tell... make and then copying it to the right place
(as there is no archsys command here).  It loads happily.

> MyODBC also requires an "odbc.ini" file with information about the
> driver, host, port, etc., and it usually goes in /etc, or /usr/local/etc.

I've cribbed one from the unixodbc site, but maybe that's the problem.

Thanks to all for the prompt helpful replies so far.
--
MJR