Customized printing

Hello.

I saw a similar thread, about printing hashtables, but couldn't figure out
an answer to the following:

I try to replace the print parameter like this:

> (define default-print (current-print))
> (current-print (lambda (v) (display 'foo) (newline) (default-print v)))
foo
> 1
foo
1

This works as expected when running MzScheme without the graphical environment. However, when I run Dr.Scheme it simply ignores my print handler.
Is there some other way to parameterize things in Dr.Scheme? I don't want to use 'parameterize' on select expressions, as I need to have the whole
environment display my custom behavior.

Thanks for any help..
Ittai