Re: TeXinfo documentation for PLT Scheme

Quoting Riku Saikkonen:
> >You can currently right click on a word in DrScheme to search for it in
> >Help Desk, just like typing "C-h TAB" in Emacs (as I understand it. I
> >don't use Emacs much these days).
>
> Yup. I noticed the "keywords" file in the HTML documentation, which
> you presumably use for that. I could perhaps write an Emacs package
> that uses it, starting Emacs's Web browser (Emacs-W3) to display the
> correct part of the HTML documentation. But I think it'd be cleaner
> and more consistent (especially in the user interface) to create an
> Info version of the documentation, so I'd like to try that first.

The "keywords" and "hdindex" files map from search terms to locations
in the html files. Their formats are documented. Search for "keywords"
or "hdindex" in Help Desk. Using that plus w3 probably can get you
pretty far pretty quickly. You probably also want to search for
"doc.txt", as that is another format the docs take.

Of course, just using Help Desk directly will save lots of time ;)

Hope that helps.

Robby