Re: documentation for MzScheme pre-releases

Quoting Alexey Mahotkin:

>     AM> - I could not get (help-desk) work from MrEd however hard I've
>     AM> tried.
>
> Hm.  (require (lib "help.ss" "help")) helped.   However, I am behind a
> very tight firewall (even disabling DNS lookups) and so:

Did you run setup-plt? (or, start mzscheme with the command ine
arguments given in the plt/src/README?) Once you do that, you should
have a Help Desk binary you can run.

> Cannot display
> "http://www.cs.rice.edu/CS/PLT/PreRelease/DocBundles200/help-doc.plt":
> tcp-connect: connection to www.cs.rice.edu, port 80 failed; host not
> found (at step 1: errno=?)
>

> Does MrEd know about proxies?  Can it use pre-downloaded .plt-files?

No, it doesn't. You need to download the .plt file manually and then
use "open url" in Help Desk to install it (or `setup-plt help-doc.plt'
from the command line). I've fixed the front page of Help Desk so this
is explained better.

>     AM> I've downloaded prerelease help-doc.plt, but it is not so
>     AM> readable inside.  Why aren't its sources provided in CVS?
>     AM> Could it be so?  Or at least current snapshots?
>

> By the way, "view installed manuals" gives: "reference to undefined
> identifier: require-library" in current CVS...

Thanks for the tip. I have fixed that problem and released the changes to CVS.

Hope that helps.

Robby