Re: Looking for advice/opinions

Thanks for the response.  I've been digging around more and I think I can see
how to get this all working w/o SIGIO.  I understand a lot better now what
block_until is doing, the biggest complication is that all threads share the
same fd since SNMP packets are UDP but storing all packets in an internal
queue will fix that.  I also have to guarantee that the socket is polled even
if there are no threads blocked (otherwise packets get dropped) but I suppose
a dummy thread can handle this.  It may be tricky under high load but if
everything was easy it wouldn't be worth doing!

There's a lot more to this than I originally anticipated but if it ever
reaches production quality...

Eddie