Compilation of C with mzc

Sorry for bothering you with a - probably - trivial question,
but I cannot test immediately the stuff myself. My students try
to add some extensions to DrScheme using mzc which calls Cygwin.

Already the included 'fmod' example fails. They say:

mzc --ld fmod.dll fmod.obj

obviously fails, because the loader needs the math library. So:

mzc -- ld fmod.dll fmod.obj -lm

and then - possibly because of the fact that under cygwin libm.a
is a shortcut to the big libcygwin.a, the loader finds inside the
entry for dll_entry (or something like that), and since THEN it
loads init.o, it reports multiple definitions.

They added the loaded init.o by hand, but the "standard one" is
loaded again. Same problem. Probably this is possible to repair
manually, but the question is: where can they find the information
about the extension compilation flags for mzc, and how to change
the defaults? What modules are loaded in which order, etc. For the
moment we don't have the sources of PLT.

Thank you.

Jerzy Karczmarczuk
Caen, France