RE: SrPersist and sql-c-char question

>> In learning about SrPersist, I tried the following test. It all works except
>> for the strange display of the strings (from the buffers). Each string is 80
>> characters long, filled with (apparently) null characters, or the contenets
>> of the previous buffer after the first null. Is there some way to "convert
>> to scheme strings" so the display properly?
>
>You may use the following procedure:

SrPersist was designed so that read-buffer returns the
entire buffer contents, warts and all.  It's up to the programmer
to process it appropriately.

I could change SrPersist so that it lops off trailing null bytes
for character buffers.  But I think some databases don't use
ASCIIZ terminators, so that may not be a general strategy.

-- Paul