Re: Downloadable HTML documentation?

At 5:12 PM +0200 2/23/01, Hannu Koivisto wrote:
>Robert Bruce Findler <robby@cs.rice.edu> writes:
>
>| The html version of the documentation is what Help Desk displays. It
>| comes with the standard packages. You will find it in
>| PLTHOME/collects/doc/.
>
>I don't use the standard packages, I use the CVS version and
>collects doesn't have a doc directory in CVS and neither is it
>created there during the compilation.  Well, I'll go and download
>the standard package and rip the documentation from there.

You don't need to do that. In fact, the docs will be for the wrong
version, if you do. Instead, just start up Help Desk. You will get a
message "something is wrong". Follow the instructions there. Once
you've done that, to get a particular manual, follow the "manuals"
link from the front page of Help Desk. At the bottom will be a list
of uninstalled manuals. Click on one to install it. There are more
details on the CVS web page:

   http://www.cs.utah.edu/plt/anoncvs/

>| You will probably find it easier to use inside Help Desk, however,
>| because of the search facility built into Help Desk.
>
>I'd rather not run DrScheme just for browsing the documentation.

Feel free to just run Help Desk, then.

Robby