Re: MzScheme and SML

Hi, you wrote:

> For a user who doesn't care about all these details, your remark

>>     Is SML/NJ just a faster Scheme system
>> with different syntax and compile-time type checking?

> is a sufficient summary.

    Actually, I do care.

    After I joined this mailing list,  I was
so inspired messages here, that I simply
had to implement my own Scheme interpreter in
c++ (with define-syntax expander in c++).

    I started looking at MzScheme for insights into
my interpreter's performance bottlenecks.  Unfortunately,
it seems that the real speed issues seem to be connected to
the languages' underlying design.

    Had I known about ML, perhaps I would have
implemented that instead, as I am just a bit
more concerned with efficiency than what Scheme's
language design philosophy provides for.