Re: good books on scheme?

>Let me point out though that using the terminoloy 'closure' makes sense
>when you discuss first-class procedures with an uneducated C hacker who
>thinks that pointers to functions are first-class procedures. Decades
>after "LISPers" understood this point, C hackers still don't see the
>difference.
Not being a C hacker, but definitely uneducated I wonder if the greatest
difference between C function pointers and first-class procedures is not the
fact that they cannot be created at runtime because you have neither the
compiler nor the symboltable present?
Aren't C functions closures in the sense mr Hailperin described?
Immanuel