summer teaching opportunity

These are pretty neat people, and some of you may be interested in
this opportunity.

Shriram

SUMMER TEACHING OPPORTUNITIES
Johns Hopkins University's Center for Talented Youth (CTY)

WHO
We are seeking computer science teachers for instructor
positions to teach gifted students ages 8-16.

WHAT
A program with two 3-week sessions where students
and staff live on a college campus. Courses present
advanced topics at a pace and depth that match students'
abilities.

We offer the following computer science courses:
Introduction to Computing, Programming in Scheme,
Fundamentals of Computer Science, Data Structures,
and Theory of Computation.

WHERE
We have 18 sites in Maryland, Virginia, Pennsylvania,
New York, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and California.

WHEN
There are 2 sessions for the summer of 2001,
June 21-July 14, and July 14-August 4.

WHY
-teaching experience in a rigorous, academic setting
-small classes (12-15 students)
-one instructor and one teaching assistant per class
-contact with dynamic colleagues
-excellent pay, plus room and board

If you are a high school computer science teacher,
or a computer science graduate student or faculty
member with teaching experience, we encourage you
to apply for an instructor position
(salary is $1800-$2800/session).

We also have teaching assistant positions available.
We encourage undergraduate computer science
students with upper level course work and a GPA of 3.2
to apply for teaching assistant positions
(salary is $900/session).

For more information and to download an application
please visit www.jhu.edu/gifted/ctysummer