Re: programming languages as a core topic

There is a difference between programming languages topics which occur
as part of teaching an initial language and those that are part of
learning about programming languages as a topic.  (Too many people -
though not those reading this list - think that the study of programming
languages consists of learning languages - hence nearly all of PF counts
as PL topics!)  I don't particularly care where programming languages
topics end up in the topic lists (and, as stated in the web page I
refered to in my earlier message), several PL topics do occur in other
places.  The disappointing thing is all the topics we listed that don't
occur anywhere.

	Kim