Re: Offtopic: How to Design Programming Tests

yes, the better candidates do tend to ask more questions, and also
express themselves much better when answering the question. That's why
I think it is a good question, it can seperate good candidates from
bad candidates. Furthermore, those questions are language
independent. To my mind, any decent programmer can learn Java in a
short while, but not everyone can learn to be a good programmer.

it is also a lot less insulting then asking them to write a piece of
code.

-bogo