Re: install question

Quoting Michael Bogomolny:
> make mred
>
> c++ -L../wxxt/utils/image/src  -L../wxxt/contrib/xpm/lib
> -L/lusr/X11R6/lib -R/lusr/X11R6/lib -L../mzscheme -Lwxs -Lwxme
> -L../wxxt/src -L../wxcommon/jpeg  -o mred mred.o mredx.o wxGC.o
> wxJPEG.o -lmzscheme -lgc -lwxscheme -lwxme -lwx_xt -lXpm -limage_xt
> -ljpeg -lSM -lICE -lXaw -lXmu -lXt -lX11 -lXext  -ldl -lm  -lsocket
> -lnsl -lintl

> jpeg_CreateDecompress               wxJPEG.o
> ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to mred
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> *** Error code 1
> make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `mred'
>

> i'm aware that ld needs to be the system ld command and not the gnu ld
> command, as specified in the README file.

That's probably not the problem in this case. I suspect a problem in
the nested `configure's for the JPEG makefile.

Did the build process create a src/wxcommon/jpeg/libjpeg.a? If so, does
it contain jpeg_CreateDecompress?:

  westdip.cs.utah.edu% nm libjpeg.a | grep jpeg_CreateDecompress
  00000000 T jpeg_CreateDecompress

Matthew