Re: peasant revolt against DrScheme!

I really hate to join this "event" as it appears no one is going to change
their mind.  Let me say however that DrScheme and Scheme in general has been
a wonderful addition to MY freshman classes where you find a mixture of
bright and less than bright often math challenged students. Skip the math
examples as that means they have to understand two things--the math and the
logic. Rather give them recursive non-math problems and they must think at
first and then begin to understand the concepts.

Example:  Write a function (peek) in DrScheme to determine if a word appears
in a list of words.

Contract - peek: word list-of-words => Boolean

(define (peek wrd low)
  (cond
    [(empty? low)false]
    [(equal? wrd (first low))true]