Re: peasant revolt against DrScheme!

Hi,
I am a peasant, erh, one-semester student. I study in Nuremberg, Germany and
in our first-semester Algorithms Lecture we are learning Scheme. I must say
that there are some really nice concepts in it that make me think about
programming a new way (I've been programming in Pascal for some years). So
in that way I am very happy with Scheme. But the second-semester Algo
lecture will feature Java and I am looking forward to that too as I might be
able to use Java when I do some work for local companies and make some
money.
So I think Scheme is very interesting (and cool of course :-) but our
professor also said that it is hardly used anywhere outside the AI.
Regards,
Lorenz

Btw: I am not studying hard-core CS, but a mixture between economics and CS
but am definitely interested in the CS part and do welcome a scientific
approach to programming.

--
Lorenz Graf's HTMLtool - flexible HTML editor
with Syntax Highlighting, Spell Checker, RTF Import