Re: More GC Errors (New, Improved, In Senora GC!)

On Fri, Dec 29, 2000 at 05:22:51AM -0800, Matthew Flatt wrote:
> Quoting Brent Fulgham:
> > Trying a different approach, I compiled my libmzscheme.a/libgc.a against
> > the SenoraGC to see if anything different would happen.
> >
> > [...]
> >
> > do_malloc (set_no=0, size=1075175752, [...]
>
> By chance are you using an x86 machine, gcc 2.95.2, and the sgc.c
> distributed with MzScheme version 103?

Yes, Yes, and Yes.

> If so, the problem is a bug in gcc's optimizer. The current sgc.c in
> CVS has been modified to avoid the problem. (I can send you the new
> file by e-mail if you need it.) Another way around the problem is to
> turn of optimization when compiling sgc.c.

I did remember seeing something to this effect in an earlier mail.
So, I took the -O2 tags out of the Makefiles.  But, it's quite
possible I missed one someplace, or borked my Makefiles somewhere.

Could you send me the revision so I could try this out?

Thanks,

-Brent