Re: Problems with mzc

Quoting Blake McBride:
> 1.  When a .scm file is compiled to a .zo file, mzc
> changes the symbols to lower case.

Put (read-case-sensitive #t) in prefix.scm, and run mzc with --prefix
prefix.scm.

> Why would mzc need to change the case?

One reason is that mzc needs to know how to compile

 (let* ([x 5]
        [X 7])
    x) ; 5 or 7?

Perhaps the case of quoted symbols could be preserved, but that sounds
difficult to implement.

> 2.  I have mzc working (except for the above problem) but when
> I copy the whole thing to my laptop mzc gives an error message
> that it can't find mzscheme.exe.

mzc.exe contains a hard-wired path to mzscheme.exe. The path is
installed as part of the setup process.

On your laptop, delete plt/*.exe EXCEPT mzscheme.exe and mred.exe. Then
run the following:

  mzscheme -mvqL- setup.ss setup

The .exe files will be restored on the laptop, with paths that work
there.

Matthew