efficiency

    Hi,

    This is directed to the efficiency of MzScheme.

    Does anyone have good understanding of its
architecture and why MzScheme seems to be
so much faster than MITScheme?

    I had at first thought that the MzScheme is
fast because of the compiler, but it turns out
to be independent of that.  Then, I thought, perhaps
it is because it is using a native stack -- but
then, the native stack does not seem to be
any faster than those implementations with its
own stack.

    Does anyone know?  I'd appreciate any comments.