Re: MzScheme in kernel form

Quoting Paolo Amoroso:
> Is some basic information (e.g. features, how it was developed, user
> interface, potential applications, etc.) on the kernel, bootable version of
> MzScheme for x86 available somewhere?

A bootable version for x86 is available from the download page.
When you boot it, it looks just like a plain MzScheme in Unix.

Currently, filesystem and network parameters have to be specified on
the kernel's commend line, otherwise you get no networking and an empty
in-memory filesystem. The floppy-disk image was specially created to
have 128 space characters that you can replace with command-line
arguments, though.

The MzScheme kernel was developed by porting Unix MzScheme to the
OSKit, which provides components to implement Unix-like functionality.

As soon as some filesystem problems get fixed in the OSKit, we expect
to run a Scheme-implemented web server on the MzScheme kernel.

Matthew