Re: PLT Scheme development directions

Quoting Mark Seaborn:
> >    To address this problem, we're looking at a new module
> >    language/layer that gracefully handles macros (real macros --- not
> >    defmacro)
>
> Presumably you mean hygienic macros like those in R5RS?

Yes.

> I also have in mind a project for extending the units system to C:

You might want to check out Knit, a unit language for C developed here
at Utah. Knit's primary target is low-level systems code (especially
OSKit components), but it's also supposed to be general purpose.

A paper describing Knit (OSDI'00) is available from

 http://www.cs.utah.edu/flux/alchemy/pubs.html

The actual Knit toolkit will be available Real Soon Now. We'll be very
interested in getting users, feedback, or even design and development
help.

Matthew