Re: Src question

Quoting Matthias Felleisen:
>    Ever think about having a function like scheme_make_vector that doesn't
>    take a fill?  I know for my cases that I am going to have to refill the
>    vector with specific values and doing it twice doesn't buy me anything.
>
> [...]
>
> That would make Scheme unsafe because someone could accidentally
> dereference the vector before putting something in.

Since RJA is asking about the C-level interface, maybe he means the
vector is going to be filled by the allocating C function before being
exposed to Scheme code.

For the next release, I've made scheme_make_vector treat a NULL fill
value specially: it doesn't walk the vector installing NULLs. The GC
will ensure that the vector is initially filled with NULL, anyway.

Matthew