RE: Adding a New "primitive" Method.

Quoting Brent Fulgham:
> > I do expect MrEd to become a MzScheme extension (instead of a MzScheme
> > embedder) in the near future. But it's about #3 on the list of planned
> > improvements. More on that soon...
> >
> So (theoretically) could an wxWindows extension module replace the MrEd
> specific wx_xt code?

Yes, but that's probably already true. The question is whether MzScheme
provides the necessary hooks to support GUI extensions. Building MrEd
as an extension will ensure that the hooks are there for a new
wxWindows extension, but they probably are already. Also, all the
wxWindows-MzScheme glue would have to be [re-]created, but perhaps
there are tools on the horizon to make that easy.

Of course, the new wxWindows library wouldn't be a suitable platform
for DrScheme or other current PLT programs, which rely on our
MrEd-specific modifications to wxWindows.

Matthew