RE: Adding a New "primitive" Method.

> I've long dreaded the day that someone wants to modify MrEd
> significantly. The MrEd-MzScheme glue is one of the oldest,
> trickiest, grossest parts of the system. It's long overdue
> for an overhaul, but we have a few other things to overhaul
> first.

Is the tight coupling of MrEd to MzScheme truly necessary?
While researching the OpenGL problem, I ran across the MzGTK
toolkit, which serves a similar purpose but seems to be a
bit decoupled from MzScheme -- i.e., changes to the GTK
libraries do not effect the binding very much.

Are there great performance gains or better memory use the
way you implemented MrEd?

Thanks,

-Brent