MzScheme in a multi-threading environment

We use MzScheme as a scripting extension language for our Windows
based C application (i.e. MzScheme is embedded in our application).
We have been using it for several years with a lot of success.  Recently,
we had a need to use native threads within our application so we rebuilt
MzScheme with WIN32 Threads.  Unfortunately, once we did this when
we called MzScheme from within the app as we've always done the
system would bomb.

After considerable effort and time we discovered that if MzScheme is called
by an application and Win32 Threads is used the application must call
DllMain in order to initialize the system for multi thread use.  Now that we
call that first the system seems to work fine.  This leads me to some
questions.

1.  Are we doing it correctly now?  Is there anything else we should be doing?

2.  Is this documented somewhere?

Thanks!

Blake McBride