Re: (sans sujet)

Robert Bruce Findler wrote:

> Sadly, DrScheme does not yet support animated gifs. You will have to
> use a bitmap and manually animate it.
>
> DrScheme is not currently distributed with any 3d graphics library,
> but we are considering adding one. We haven't yet nailed down any
> specifics, however.

OpenGL support would seriously rule. It would probably have to involve a
higher-level scene management layer for speed (I can't really imaging a
Scheme program pumping 10000 triangles to the GL library 30 times a
second).

GL would provide excellent quality as well as portability. (sorry, I'm
more than a bit biased :)

This would actually fit quite well into the SDL bindings I'm working on
in my unfortunately inadequate free time. SDL provides portable support
for OpenGL contexts, and handles the other aspects of multimedia that
one would probably want in a 3D oriented app.

-John

--
John R. Hall                             | "The error of our eye directs
Student, Georgia Tech (2nd year CS)      |  our mind: What error leads