Re: tcp-connect error

Quoting "John R. Hall":
> I developed some nifty networking code on a Windows box with MzScheme.
> It puts a nice OO wrapper around Internet connections established with
> tcp-connect. Unfortunately, the same code does not work on my Linux box
> (SuSE 6.3, kernel 2.4.0test6). It seems that tcp-connect is encountering
> problems.

This seems to be due to a recent change in Linux, and one that I don't
yet understand. If anyone can help, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Here's what I think I know: connect() is returning EAGAIN. EAGAIN is
not an allowed result status according to older Linux man pages;
according to the newest one:

 EAGAIN
  No more free local ports or insufficient entries in the routing
  cache. For PF_INET see the net.ipv4.ip_local_port_range sysctl in ip
  (7) on how to increase the number of local ports.

My conclusion before was that there's really nothing MzScheme can do
about this result. But John seems to be running out of "local ports or
entries in the routing cache" awfully quickly.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Matthew