Re: Making MzScheme extensions using VC++ 5.0?

Quoting Paul Fernhout:
> In poking around some more in DejaNews and Google, it does seem this is
> a problem related to VC 6.0 changing the object file format so VC 5.0
> can't link to it.

In that case, you might want to grab the MzScheme source distribution
and rebuild mzdyn.o for VC 5. (The relevant script is
plt/src/mzscheme/dynsrc/mkmzdyn.bat.)

> However, using mzc with gcc, I now get a different problem in the DLL
> link: undefined reference to `scheme_make_string'

Perhaps, in the process of trying to make things work earlier, you
changed #include "escheme.h" to #include "scheme.h" in "Hello.c", or
made some change to the headers?

I ask because `scheme_make_string' really won't be defined. It will be
macro-mapped to `scheme_extension_table->scheme_make_string' by
"escheme.h". So whatever is going wrong, it looks like header problems
and not linking problems.

> I noticed you referenced Cygwin. It is my understanding if I use that,
> the related linked DLL code all falls under the GPL (not LGPL).

To be honest, I'm not sure. Certainly using gcc doesn't have this
effect, but maybe there are issues with support DLLs for Cygwin.

Matthew